A proposal

Gary's plight got me thinking about facing the same kind of situation.

For me, being down for an extended period of time would mean that my e-mail
would start bouncing, or people trying to e-mail me would start getting
messages that their message is in the queue awaiting response from my
server.

Yes, I admit it, I've got no secondary mail exchange. But I don't think I'm
the only one facing a big blackout should things get messed up.

So, if any of you want a secondary mail exchange, I'll accept mail for your
domain on my server under a catchall account. (easy to fetch & proc w/ a
cron job)

I'm running POP3 and IMAP, secure POP3 & secure IMAP (but I haven't gotten a
signed certificate yet, so there's an annoyance factor in using secure
services right now).

What the heck, if any of you have a domain you've been wanting to use, but
haven't had the resources, I can set up my server to act as primary mail
exchange for your domain. You can send e-mail via the secure web-mail
interface.

If there's enough interest in doing something like this, where our servers
can cover for each other, or provide community resources for each other,
maybe we can meet somewhere to talk about it.

Tres