[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Seafug <email@example.com>
- Subject: Serial connections
- From: Dave Goodrich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 23:02:15 -0700
- Mail-Followup-To: Seafug <email@example.com>
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.2.4i
I've been looking for information on using serial connections between two
machines to connect a laptop to a server. I've seen somewhere a description
of how it's done including the wiring for the cable. For the life of me
I can't remember where. I did try the howtos but all I found was a paper
on connecting toa PC server using ppp.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't have a serial to serial cable
but I have a parallel to parallel null modem cable and it seems that was the rec
procedure. Am I crazy?