book recommendations?

Hi -
	For awhile now I've felt like getting back to C and getting to
know the internals of FreeBSD a little better (in other words, I'm bored
and want something new).  I know some of these aren't simple, but that's
fine.

So, I'm looking at the following books (most of which I've seen mentioned
here).  I'd appreciate any "yeah/nay" comments.  It seems like the last
group of three might cover very similar ground... is there one that's
better (or more applicable to FreeBSD as it is today) than the others?

The C Programming Language, Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie
UNIX Programming Environment, The Brian W. Kernighan, et al
Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment, W. Richard Stevens

Design of the Unix Operating System, Marice J. Bach, Maurice Bach
Operating Systems: Design And Implementation Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Albert S. Woodhull
The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System (Unix and
   Open Systems Series.), Marshall Kirk McKusick(Editor), et al

Thanks!

-philip