Re: PPP Undesireable Dialing

hmm, bet you have your dns pointing to your isp or someplace beyond, yes?

if so, i would suggest setting up one of your boxes as your dns server
for your network.

it's not really trivial, but i have done it a few times....there was a
really great howto on this by some brazilian guy ( i think ). dont know if
it's available on www.freebsd.org.

or even simpler; change /etc/hosts.conf to look at the /etc/hosts file
first and then dns on the samba box and set up your hosts file correctly
on that box.