Re: It doesn't work!!! Was: Re: It Works! Was: Re: Apache and PHP problem, maybe someone in thegroup can help?

You shouldn't have to do anything to the ini file to see a phpifo.php page
at the top level of your server root. Something is wrong.

1) destroy your browser cache, kill, mame, spindle it.

2) restart apache, not /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart
KILL it! I have personally duplicated apache not reloading the new php
module. I also make a habit of renaming /usr/local/apache/libexec/
libphp4.so prior to make install from the php source. Everyone will tell
you that is not so, my own very experienced developers told me I was a
crazy newbie. Now they do it too.

2a) kill -9 httpd

2b) check that php is loading
(/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l - look for the module)

2c) manually relaunch apache. /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

3) try again to pull up your phpinfo.php page.

Are you still trying 4.0.3pl? or did you roll back to a stable version?
I agree, the php.ini page is a mess and a genuine pain to edit. Good news
is you rarely need to.

Send me your config.status from php, httpd.conf from apache and I'll look
at them after dinner tonight.

DAve.