Re: Apache and PHP problem, maybe someone in the group can help?

I don't remember how you said you installed all this (packages??).  I
would just install straight from source...

For apache:

./configure --enable-module=so  --enable-shared=max  --enable-module=info

(make sure you have those three, and add anything else you want)

make
make install

Then PHP:

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
   --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache/conf
   --enable-track-vars

(lines wrapped)

make
make install